Protection - Promotion- Support- Education
Missouri Midwives Association (MMA) is a professional organization dedicated to promotion, protection, support and education for families and midwives in Missouri.
Membership is open to all midwives, aspiring midwives, friends and supporters.
Nearly every country in the world with maternal and infant mortality rates lower than the U.S. has midwives attending the majority of births.
The Midwives Model of Care is a health-promoting, evidence-based wellness model that improves birth outcomes and is mother-friendly and baby-friendly.
In Missouri, midwives attend births in homes, birth centers and hospitals. Both Certified Professional Midwives (CPMs) and Certified Nurse-Midwives (CNMs) work in the state, giving homebirth families a wide range of choices for their pregnancy and birth options.
Missouri Midwives Association (MMA) is a professional organization dedicated to promotion, protection, support and education for midwives in Missouri. Membership is open to all midwives, aspiring midwives, friends and supporters. Please see our page titled "Members" for more details and to become a member.
MMA Goals are:
· To support the right of women to give birth the way they choose
· To support the right for parents to choose the place for the birth of their child
· To inform public policy makers about the birthing needs and rights of families
· To educate legislators and promote legislation concerning the ongoing needs of families and midwives
· To promote competent midwifery practices
· To promote the discovery, encouragement, and training of midwives within each community
· To provide continuing educational opportunities which focus on improving midwifery skills
· To promote professional development and cooperative relationships between midwives
· To promote research in the field of midwifery care
Paraphrased from MMA Bylaws article 1, section 6